Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Attitude & Recruitment


at · Filed under Information & Resource Center and tagged: · Edit
It was mid of January when my company people wanted me to recruit a number of 6 people to start a batch for the call center. I being in Recruitment and Hr for the last 3 years was not much
excited to recruit as this was like a day to day activity for me. I started tracking candidates for the same. Got One campus interview to a local Hardware training institute (My company is into hardware business and require Tech support executive for the call center) . It was Jetking info train where i did the campus interview. I got only one guy from there as i looked for very polished and good communication skills candidates. I got the rest from one of the job portal familiar in India. The thing i noticed this time is that comparatively my selection rate is decreasing and this has become a trend in me. I remember the last batch i had recruited it was of 7 people and i had to look out for more then 35 people to get the required number. Again to get 35 people short listed for the interview i would have had telephonic contestation with more then 60 eligible candidates available through different sources and the last to last batch the hunt was much larger. I have noticed that the hit rate or selection rate has gone down as i have become more experienced in recruitment. There could be different reasons for that but what i find is that the issue is that i have become choosy in recruitment and i have recruited better people for the same positions. So its looking for an improvement in me for me as far as my Recruiting skills are concerned. So its very useful but the thing is that i have specialized in recruitment. In turn if i see this from other direction with introspection I feel that i have got a great reason for the same. Now I am getting the basic things like educational qualification and other prerequisite things in a candidate but i am not getting the right kind of attitude within the candidate. This is a very useful ingredient for any position or a candidate to justify the right fit. In a time span of 3.5years i have done extensive recruitment where in i have hired approximately 400 people and would have spoken to thousands of people for telephonic round of interview. In this period i have taken more than 10000 interviews where the maximum positions i have hired for, were entry level and junior level positions. But my experience says that My point is shifting to qualitative things in a candidate rather then general features like educational qualification, past experience etc. And that is why its being very difficult for me to get the right kind of attitude in place for a job position. But the moment i get the same, i go beyond boundaries to get the guy on the required desk. But i have taken this into count that i am not crossing my limits nor the cost effectiveness and the prerequisite things. Will there be any issue in my recruitment or the change in mindset will be beneficial for me, i need to wait & watch….

No comments:

Post a Comment