Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I am as i was…


thought in a mind …As I remember i was only 2 year old when i gained my conscious mind which made me realise and remember how the world was at that time and since then i have made a note that life is a better place to remember.This is then when i was in 6th or 7th standard i wanted to note down everything as a written manuscript. I had heared stories about my AAI and all mausi’s about me and my parents and it was such an humorous story for me and i enjoyed all these moments and a thought to capture all these moments came into my mind.I had promised my AAI to get the same converted into a book. In due course of time it was not at all possible for me to do so but now i think i should start doing the same.the name gameI remember the days when i was more close to Bau (My Grandmaa) than my Maa.As i was there with her in Golanthara (My Village) and my parents were there in KENDRAPARA (Where my father used to work) i had built up a special bonding with my grandmaa.Those were the days when i used to be very much wild and started using abusive language and i remember i was beaten badly by my father for that.Those were the days of learning for a 2 year old child as jeetu. I remember my AAI telling me that my grandpa did not like my father marry my mother and he used to do the typical indian daughter in law and father in law relation and did not like my mother at all.When my mother was expecting me he never visited her and did not care for her.I was born in Berhampur under the survellence of extensive love and care on my AJA (NANAJI or Mathernal rand father) in Berhampur.When i was born SANA MAA (My Mother’s Mausijee) had given me the name ” JEETU” the winner.According to her i had won my mothers expectation against the will of my grandpa and his ambiguity.I remember people close to me telling me like i was so fair that people used to call me as of i have come fromany foreign coutry.Becasue of my fatty look everybody used to hug me and liked to carry me with him.i was lived and cared by everybody except my grand parents.the school days…I was 2 and half year old when my father took me with him to Kendrapara where i stayed with my parents till i was 12year old(6th Standard).I studid my primary school in Sant sahi Primary School,Kendra para and gotadmission in Baldevjew High School. It was then when my father got transfered to POLASARA (A place in Ganjam District of Orissa) where i stayed and studid till 10th standard. I would say the most valuable 5 years in my schooll life i have spent there and built a foundation. During my school days i was an avarage student and much interested todawards extracurrucular activities like sports,music,singing and lot many other things. I was a good player in Football,kabaddi and an avarage layer in cricket too. I was the captain of my school team in Both cricket & football and kabaddi as well. i was teh class monitor as well and people who were in the good students including wild guys and those interested in sports were in my special interaction and we enjoyed a lot during that period.I was in school NCC as well during my 2 years participation in NCC i was promoted to ACC (Assistant cadet crop) and leaded the team in case of need and during the parade in 26th jan and 15th Aug.the pooja season…I clearly remember we used to be very excited as the poojafestivals were there .Here i would like to clarify one thing that pooja means Durga pooja,Ganesh Pooja,Saraswati Pooja etc. we students remember that during ganesh pooja and saraswati pooja we were arranging pooja pandals in school premises and we were enjoying a lot during that period.It was a competition among the all deities of teh town for the pooja pandal and we were arranging huge funds for that from people in streets and households.We all boyz were looking for girls of other schools and were peeping into other pandals for the same too. As mine was a boys school we were more curious about that.School days continues…We were having competition in studies too.Being from a small town good students from the reknowned schools were poular in the town and marks in different subjects were compared in various classes and accordingly students were respected.But being an avarage student in teh 6th standard i was pushed by my parents to study hard. As it was a board exams in 7 th standard i had put my best foot forward to come first in my class with an a grade which was then a distinction. Again after i finished my 7th class exams i was again wild enough to earn a bad name in my school. 8th and 9th stabdard i had enjoyed a lot . Again 10th standard was back again with a huge Board exams which was supposed to decide my next approach to my career.I remember once my maa scolded me a lot and then i promised me to get good marks in 10th and i think i had managed to get 581/750 and had got a seat in science college,Chatrapur in 10+2.In orissa still it is considered that 10+2 is the starting of college life unlike the north where colege starts with graduation. So i entered into my college life.the biggest breakdown…I remember it was my trayamasika pariksha in my school when we got to know that AAJA’s health(Nanaji) was not ok. I along with rest of my family were to flee to Berhampur at 12.00 in night.Its around 4 hrs journey from Polasara to Berhampur and the whole way we were told that he is serious and wanted to seee my mother (His elder daughter).But actually he was no more at the time we reached there. That was the first time such an ocaissaion of condlolences was there.Everybody was weeping and crying. First time i had witnessed a hige family suffering because of a silly mistake of a single member and all the name and fame was lost forever.My uncle being a brave man managed to handle the situation with a helping hand from my father then.I was a close witness on that ocassion where i was shaken by the consequences.My nanaji,the finest personality i have ever seen was no more.A science graduate from the Prestigious Khallikote college with a degree in LAW, a cream football player and a reknowned name in OSRTC (Orissa State Road Transport Corporation) was no more and teh years earned name and fame was lost due to a silly mistake by his own son. The family had lost a diamond wich hardly can be replaced.the board exams…As per my education background is concerned i am a raw guy who completed his schooling from Govt.Schools in Orissa board in Oriya Medium till 10th and then i entered teh 12th with English as the language but that to in Council of higher Education,Orissa.BEing in the traditional educational system I was open to face the borad exams( Exams conducted by the main board of the state unlike the schools is called Board exams).Till 5th standard i studied in the Saant Sahi Primary School in Kendrapara.I remember i was an avarage student and i used to listen to the long hearings of my father after I get my Progress Reports each year. The subject called Mathematics was like a wild animal for me and i had never scored more than 82 % till 5th standard.Then my father got transfered to Polasara where i started my high school studies( In Orissa Board 6th to 10th is called High School Studies). Then also i had to chase another board exams in 7t standard. I remember i used to read till 1 o clock in the night for the same. And i had cleared the exams with 72% marks and my father was quite happy for me then. That was the first time i had witnessed happiness because of my studies otherwise everytime i got the Repoart card i was only listened lessions from my father.Then i remember baba had got me a new BSA slr cycle an di had enjoyed a lot wiht th it. to this 10th was on my head as anotherNext to this i remember that it was the big exams in 10th again which had to decide which way my career should go. The year was 1995-95 and i remember i was very tensed as every student was then. I abandoned my favorite place which used to be the big school playground where i was spending almost the full day playing almost all possible games i could play. let me tell you in cricket i had formed a team in my class and was respected as captain and had played as many matches as we could with our senior and junior class teams. AS i remember generally we used to win matches at teh cost of good batsman and good bowlers. I being the captain used to decide the batting line up and was respected as a good decission maker too. As a player i tried to be an all rounder and most of thetime s i have succeded in proving so. It was 10th class and i was damn serious with the exams this year and i had gave up sports and all other scrap things which consumed time like anything.I was concentrating on my studies and this time it was medical (Jee preparations in my mind) which used to be very prestigious studat at that tme (Even today it’s so).I clearly remember i have made nights into days for this exams & i was using chalk pieces for writting the formulae and teh maths on the backside of one of the doors of our house. In orissa board to avoid copying and other malpratise issues board summons different schools for different schools as examination centers.Mine was a govt school in KAVISURYANAGAR.My father had accompanied me alongwith a peon for the exams.we had rented a room for that.As a loving and caring father my baba had arranged a peon for us who used to cook food for us and we used to study and study only.we stayed there for 11days and after we completed our exams we came back to our homes. After two and half months result came and it was satisfactory as expected.I was First in the class and with 581/750marks. Even if it is not a great score i was first in the class too as there was less competion and i was an above average student then. As this was a smal villege in ORISSA students were used to be known by their numbers in 10th. In that way i was too much popular those daysBeing assured to get a seat in Science stream in 12th i headed towards the Most Reknowned College in South Orissa ( Khallikote College , Berhampur). Really it was Government Science College Chatrapur where i got admission in 10 +2 and i cant forget how we were travelling at that point.In the second year i transfered myself to Khallinkote college Berh ampur where i completed 10+2 with 55.67%.It was a shock again for my father as i missed the first division. Speculations were there that what will ai do after 10+2 as there were options like MBBS or Engineering or Simple Graduation. As its really a tough case to handle the issue with the courses there in my place i was affraid. It was MBBS what my parents wanted me to be but destiny had something else for me. BEing a loyal child of my parents like my mama’s boy image i traied my level best for the entrance exams.I tried out for couple of years but unfortunately i could not make it. And i have the greatest grieve that i could not fulfill that expectaion of my family.I my life i have een trying to be a best son , a best brother overalla best human being to everybody and i have suceeded most of the times till date.But few chances like that i could not forget in my life.Anyhow i completed my graduation in Zoology with again 59.7% marks and this was again a second hit in father’s expectations.He has invested a lot more money in my studies but i have hardly put few times where i have met his expectations & i feel sorry for that.From my bitrth till graduation every decissioon regarding me had been taken by my parents but for the first time i decided to go for an MBA that to in Delhi. Then my father agreed to my decission and let me coem to Delhi.Then i started taking decission independently and i am happy that my parents have backed me with every decission… It was a hot summer in 2001 in Orissa where tempertature remains a normal 38 to 40 degree celcious… I was awaiting my graduation results and it aal depending where to go in my career. But to my disappointment it came of 6 marks short of first division and so became my father.Then the options left with me at that point was to do either an MBA or MCA.At that time in my place everywhere people were doing post graduation so as to avoid unemployment and to get a job there was a tough competition.MBBS being he most prefered & popular degree among people there i too had tried my luck at this but destiny had something else for me…I tried for couple of times but no results.I had touched the cut off marks for Pharmacy but was not interested in that.So it came to me to take a decission then. Father opted that i should do M.Sc in Zoology or IRPM in My University ( Berhampur University).But it was of less interest for me.It was Bada mama who was in Delhi at that time inspired me and guided me to opt for MBA.hen i suddenly decided that i need have that degree. I clearly remember when father asked me what to do i tossed a coin and it decided to go for an MBA and i came to delhi to pursue that. Sep 25th i left for Delhi and I remember the wet eyes of BABA at bhubaneswar Railway station.The momment the train departed his words were around me saying in a fatherly emotions that if you dont want to go just drop the idea & we will go back.And at that time for the first time in my life i realized how much baba loves me and i cant forget those fat drops from my father’s eyes.But it was like something in my mind to make him proud.I was firm at my decission to make it happen and i boarded the train. The whole two days journey brought a confidence in me and made me understand very first lesssions of lfe. I stayed in Kirti Nagar,New Delhi First with my uncle. Then i shifted to jungpura where i shared my acomodation with couple of guys from Himachal.I had taken a crash course from IMS stdy Circle to prepare myself for the CAT. It was only 2 and half months left for the CAT.I burnt the night lamp for that whole period.Where people took years to clear the CAT i managed to clear the Kozikode IIM but didi not get a call for the GD.I looked back to my father to get me another chance to appear but didi not get a convincing result.Then i opted for MAT and both me and mama appeared fo rthe same and cleared. I took an admission to PGDBM in Guru nanak institute of Management for a two year full time course. I Enjyed a lot for the whole two years and passed with 67% of Marks in the year 2004.Then the real struggle started when i looked for a job. Being an average college i did not get a placement from college and i opted to do something of my own like everybody in my batch did.As I had a dual specialization in HR & Marketin management i was fre to choose both the verticals to explore. During my 4th sem i appeared for an interview in Pinnacle diabetics care and got through it.I went to Mumbai for 15days for the training and came back after completing it succesfully.But it was a job af a marketing Executive in a pharmaceutical company which was not at all my choice and i within a week i left the job and it took me around 6 months to decide whichway i should go.After a long introspection & analysis i reached on a result that i should go for Hr… then i looked for a job in Hr and i got my first break in a consulting Called CIOE ( Center for Individual & Organizational Excellence ). There i learnt the Recruiting Techniques and got Mr Maneesh As my mentor there. I learnt many a things which i am still using and i am thanful to CIOE for that. I stayed there for two months and moved to Group4 securicor (First Select Internationals) which was my first corporate experience and then i am rolling the ball and will continue to do so for the comings years to go…
My great NCC Camp …
From my early days in my school I was a much interested guy in attending NCC. It was 8th standard when I appeared for the TEST for NCC in my school. I was well prepared for the day and much in 8th standard and as usual i was much excited. I performed well and did the parade well so to impress the selector as he was the only man to decide. We were there in the huge ground behind the school and we around 30 odd students were there and a senior guy from the NCC was there to arder us. finally after a half an hour’s excercise we were asked to go back to our classes and a in the evening the list of selected guys was pasted on the door. And for the whole day i did nothing as my mind was there inthe list. Finally after the final period i fled and my eyes were there on the list.I remember it was my name down forth in the list of 10 people who were selected. I was much delighted on that day and as usual teh evenign was awesome… Thereafter my parade started with the self shout left-right-left left-right-left. I remember teh whole year thrice a week we were practising parade in the evening.With our dress on with shoes and badges we were literally sweating to get ourslef a best parade or march past. After a tiring 2 hrs parade we were enjoying the little tiffin provided to us and i was happy to share the same tiffin with my little brothers who were in junior classes and i remember i was feeling proud as i was a NCC cadet then. On 26th jan and 15th aug we wee supposed to show parade to our guest in school as a part of the independence day parade or republic day parade.SO fo rhtese days we were doing extensive practise and i remember for couple of days the practise continued for 5 hrs continuously. I remember i was a popular face in the parade team because of my good parade practice and interpersonal behavior. Soon in the next year in 9th standard i got a poromotion and i was a seargent in the troop. I used to march ahead of my team and i flet proud to lead a team.Wheni was in 9th standard i got an opportunity to attend one national level NCC camp and my tutor in schol for NCC shouted names for the camp. At first I said yes for the camp but later when in the even i told maa about the camp but maa denied that. I was counting on BABA to agree for the camp. But in teh evening when Baba came maa spoke to him and babs said No to me for the camp…..
Getting late today… will complete tomorrw….

No comments:

Post a Comment