Monday, August 12, 2013

Elections on cards, roads get a life here...

I must admit that I haven't been a responsible citizen till date and I feel really guilty inside to confess that I have never opted to use my voting rights. Hence I may not feel the heat the parties or others have felt about voting. But in one way I have always felt the heat. Nearing the polling days the fever starts with repairing the roads and sparkling the street lights. I really don't understand the correlation between roads and the poll season. Every election the roads get life. May be the campaigner's think that by renovating road they clear the obstacles for their way the parliament. New promises made from reservations in parliament to reservations in local body elections everything is kept on desk to attract vote banks. Here in tamilnadu from mixer grinders to television sets and from laptop to sovereign of the yellow metal all items loose their sparks against the most precious vote banks.but after the pol and the results the so called parties enjoy the govt treasury like its left by their forefathers. And the same repeated act by the political parties encourage the public to vote for the better freebies offered to his vote and by doing this he also takes a little taste of the mighty govt treasury. But by doing so we really make fool of ourselves and the parties who should act as servants act like bosses.  Its time for people like me not aim for better freebies but to aim for a better and strong stable govt who must focus on people and on the treasury. 

Hence lets promise each other to use the voting rights to elect a better government for a bright tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment